These two products can create hair styles that show up on both ends of the grooming spectrum. Are you looking for a disheveled and casual look, or a more polished and refined style? Do you want your hair to be loose and fluid, or are you looking for a strong, defined hold? Wherever you fall, one of these natural products will work for you.
Let’s break it down: What’s the difference between The Mod Cabin’s Styling Clay and Classic Pomade?
Achieve this look with Styling Clay
Styling Clay is our go-to product for everyday hold. Made with bentonite clay, a natural volumizer and thickener, and combined with the richness of coconut oil and the pliability of beeswax, it’s a perfect, non-greasy, non-sticky clay that provides texture and medium hold. It’s multipurpose too: While it wasn’t originally designed for beards, our styling clay works great for longer beards that might need a little more control than what beard balm provides.
Achieve this look with Classic Pomade
Classic Pomade gives you the polished, refined look of the Mad Men era without the actual grease! If you’re looking for a slick-back look, a combed-through side-part or a big front wave, our pomade will give you the shine and hold to help you achieve your look. It’s petroleum free, washes out easily, and is made with cruelty-free lanolin, which keeps your hair hydrated and nourished.
A Comparison Chart
- Usually reserved for a finer occasions / a more polished look
- Strong hold
- Glossy finish
- Makes hair look slick and refined
- Hair is not stiff, but can be shaped and reshaped throughout the day and not lose hold
- Is applied to damp hair
- Also made with all natural ingredients
- Can be used everyday for a tousled, casual look
- Mild-to-medium hold (depending on how much you apply -- it’s pretty versatile!)
- Matte finish
- Adds thickness and texture
- Hold without stiffness
- Can be applied to dry or damp hair depending on the look you’re trying to achieve
- Made with all natural ingredients