How to Use Beard Balm and Beard Oil
So you’ve decided it’s time. Whatever your reasons are you want to begin using beard balm or beard oil, or both! In this article we’ll give you the run down on what beard balm and beard oil are used for, and when to use them.
Beard oil is the bread and butter of a healthy beard. Not only does beard oil moisturize your hair follicles, which keeps them healthy and helps to prevent breakage, it also takes care of the skin below your beard. Why should that matter to you? Because if your skin isn’t healthy, the hair follicles forming there won’t be as healthy, either. Also, the skin beneath our beards can get dry, itchy, and flaky. Flaky skin can clog pores and prevent facial hair from growing.
Beard balm is a great all-in-one beard moisturizer, conditioner and styling aid that is especially helpful for people who want their beards to look thicker, need help shaping their beard, or who need help sealing in moisture to keep their beards healthy, such as people who live or work in extreme conditions.
How To Use Beard Oil and Beard Balm
- It’s a good rule of thumb to clean your beard daily.
- Apply your favorite, all natural beard oil from The Mod Cabin to a nearly dry beard. The amount you use will vary depending on how long your beard is, but you can start with a puddle in your palm the size of a nickel and add more as needed.
- Rub the oil between your palms and then distribute the oil through your beard, and rub it into your skin. You want your hair to absorb the oils, so stop applying when you have a slight sheen to your beard, before it looks greasy.
Some people may be fine stopping at beard oil. For those who need a little extra help with shaping their beards, or even helping them to appear thicker, beard balm is the next step. Beard balm has moisturizers and sealants that help shape and thicken your beard, but that also protect your hair follicles from harsh elements.
- Apply your favorite all natural beard balm alone or over beard oil.
- Scoop out a dollop of bead balm the size of a dime with the back of you thumb.
- Rub it between your palms, and distribute it through your beard.
- Remember to rub it into the skin beneath your beard. Use more for longer beards.
- Avoid washing your beard with anything containing harsh chemicals. We know you’re tough and rugged, but sometimes our beards are more vulnerable than we like to admit. Store bought shampoos and harsh soaps will dry out your facial hair. Try using an all natural cleansing oil or hot processed soap, which is full of natural glycerin to moisturize that man hair of yours.
- Brush the balm through your beard with a boars hair beard brush to distribute the balm evenly through your beard. Our boar’s hair brush has firm bristles, so not only does it distribute the oils, but it helps exfoliate your skin beneath your beard. That means it helps get rid of all that dead skin under there that can wreck your beard, and cause beardruff.
- Beard balm and beard oil can both be used throughout the day if you notice your beard feeling dry or unkempt.
And that’s all there is to it. You can find all the products you need to maintain a healthy, well kempt beard in our store.