Giving your beard a hot oil treatment is easy! Hot oil treatments are excellent for softening course hair, repairing split ends, and conditioning dry, brittle hair. Keeping your facial hair conditioned is necessary to prevent breakage. Below we'll walk you through a few simple steps to give yourself a hot oil treatment at home using The Mod Cabin Beard Oils.
- Begin by pouring a dime sized amount of beard oil into your palm. Rub the oil into your beard, making sure to coat your beard thoroughly from roots to tips.
- Wet a hand towel with the hottest water that you can safely tolerate and wring it out.
- Lay back in a chair and wrap the hot towel around your beard.
- When your towel cools run it under hot water again, wring it out, and re-wrap your beard with the towel.
- Repeat this process for about 20 minutes.
- Use the towel to wipe away any excess oil when you're finished.
- Give your beard a final rinse with cold water so the hair follicles contract. This adds shine and helps seal in moisture.